Voted for on Newsport Facebook Page
THMEME was Sea & Beach
- Winner Most Popular - THEMED - Photo: Ian Waldren
- Winner Most Popular - OPEN - Photo: Glenda Gordon
- Glenda Gordon - Grasshopper having lunch (open)
- Mark Thatcher - Ravenshoe Wind Power (open)
- Nikia Duncan - Search for Shade (open)
- Katrina Caswell, Magical green (open)
- Ian Bland, Selfie Butterfly in Kuranda (open)
- Safron Ealden, Untitled 3 (open)
- Di Lymbury, Freshwater (open)
- Kathy Nahrung, Untitled 1 (open)
- Kathy Nahrung, Untitled 4 (open)
- Taliesha Caswell, Untitled 3 (open)
- Patrick Byrne, Happy days (open)
- Shay Bourne, Sunrise boating (open)
- Shay Bourne, Cooya Beach (open)
- Shay Bourne, Feative season 3 (themed)
- Kahleana Stannard, Baby curlews (open)
- Barbara Lavis - Hanging Around the Flame Tree (open)
- Hallie Jenkins (Age 8) - Baby Koala Drinking (open)
- Glenda Gordon - Honeysucker on Wet Flower (open)
- Brett Sprunt - Green Tree Frog (open)
- Richard Hopper - Lily Rising (open)
- Katrina Caswell, Crystal Squares (open)
- Safron Ealden, Untitled 1 (open)
- Les Dawel, Sunbird at Wonga (open)
- Di Lymbury, Seeing Double (open)
- Kathy Nahrung, Untitled 2 (open)
- Taliesha Caswell, Untitled 1 (open)
- Pam Hunter, Mossman Gorge Christmas Day (themed)
- Patrick Byrne, The giving of nut (open)
- Shay Bourne, Tall trees (open)
- Shay Bourne, Feative season 1 (themed)
- Shay Bourne, Feative season 4 (themed)
- Susanne Stannard, Scrub Python (open)
- Barbara Lavis - Oriole In The Flame Tree (open)
- Mark Thatcher - Blacktip Reef Shark (open)
- Brett Sprunt - Osprey Feeding (open)
- Steve Sherwell - Sunset Over Marina (open)
- Barbara Lavis, Peahen mother and chicks (open)
- Safron Ealden, Untitled 2 (open)
- Di Lymbury, Christmas Tree with a Difference (themed)
- Di Lymbury, Tropical Beauty (open)
- Kathy Nahrung, Untitled 3 (open)
- Taliesha Caswell, Untitled 2 (open)
- Patrick Byrne, The joy of nature (open)
- Patrick Byrne, This nut looks perfect Indiana (open)
- Shay Bourne, The rocks (open)
- Shay Bourne, Feative season 2 (themed)
- Sheryl Wright, Curlew and chicks (open)
- Barbara Lavis - Feeding Time (open)
- Barbara Lavis - Lagoon at Night (open)
Each round of the competition will have both an 'OPEN' category, in which photos dealing with any subject matter can be submitted, and a 'THEMED' category. Each month will have a different theme.
All submitted photos need to be taken in FNQ (Far North Queensland) and up to four (4) photos in total can be submitted by each entrant per category. Total of 8 images per photographer.
VOTING: Voting for Most Popular OPEN and THEMED will occur on the Newsport Facebook Page with 'likes' being counted as votes.
PANEL: Our panel of judges, made up of our sponsors, will select the the Panel Winner and Panel Runner-up images from either of the OPEN and THEMED categories.
Click here for more information and how prizes will be allocated.
Newsport, the photographers and readers thank:
Read more about entry categories and the monthly prizes. Good Luck!
The Newsport Best Photo Competition is a monthly amateur photography competition, designed to encourage readers to submit images capturing the Douglas Shire and Far North Queensland.
Images are submitted with the permission for Newsport Publishing to publish in The Newsport Daily, tourismportdouglas.com.au, PORT DOUGLAS Magazine and their respective Facebook pages. Please submit images between 1-2MB for potential inclusion in the magazine.
Only 8 images can be submitted per month by an individual photographer. Copyright of these images remain with the photographers.
Please contact us direct for more information.
For the purposes of this competition, an amateur photographer is defined as someone who undertakes regional landscape, fauna and flora photography as a hobby or enthusiast and are not solely reliant on an income by regularly selling these photos.