- Julie Doswell, Four Mile Beach
- Charlotte Hellings, Palm Cove
- Susanne Stannard, Port Douglas marina
- Lorna de Quervain, View of Four Mile Beach
- Matt Hermes, Untitled
- Gary Taylor, Sugar Wharf at dusk
- Charlotte Hellings, Sunset
- Susanne Stannard, Sugar Wharf at sunset
- Matt Hermes, Cairns Esplanade Lagoon
- Charlotte Hellings, Beach
- Elizabeth Green, After Tropical Cyclone Ita
- Lorna de Quervain, Heading out from Port Douglas marina
- Matt Hermes, Cairns at sunset
- Charlotte Hellings, Incoming storm
- Jascha Gusmeroli, Mystery berry
- Lorna de Quervain, Playing fetch on Four Mile Beach
- Matt Hermes, Flower on beach
Newsport, the photographers and readers thank:
Read more about entry categories and the monthly prizes. Good Luck!
The Newsport Best Photo Competition is a monthly amateur photography competition, designed to encourage readers to submit images capturing the Douglas Shire and Far North Queensland.
Images are submitted with the permission for Newsport Publishing to publish in The Newsport Daily, tourismportdouglas.com.au, Port Douglas Magazine and their respective Facebook pages.
Only 4 images can be submitted per month by an individual photographer.
Copyright of these images remain with the photographers.
In submitting photos, photographers also give permission for Newsport Publishing to submit their photos to Shutterstock for consideration. Shutterstock is an image bank where the images can be purchased. The purchaser can then access the image in high resolution so they can be published. Any revenue generated directly from images placed on Shutterstock will revert to the photographer less a fee.
Please contact us direct for more information.
For the purposes of this competition, an amateur photographer is defined as someone who undertakes regional landscape, fauna and flora photography as a hobby or enthusiast and is not reliant on an income by regularly selling these photos. By this definition, entries from 'XYZ Photography' or similar are not eligible.